These are the away day trips we have ALL been looking forward to since getting promoted. Anfield is one of the BEST away games in the season, and should be a noisy place, even on New Years day with some sore scouse heads !
We fancy a draw for Leicester ! And maybe even a famous away win, following the victory at Hull ! What do YOU think !? Comment YOUR pre match thoughts…
- Liverpool are unbeaten in their last five games against Leicester (W4, D1), with their most recent defeat by 2-0 at Filbert Street on 3 March 2001, when Ade Akinbiyi and Muzzy Izzet scored.
- Liverpool are vying to record three consecutive Premier League victories for the first time this season.
- Brendan Rodgers’ side have scored seven goals in their last three league games – more than in their previous eight matches combined.
- They registered 11 shots on target in the win against Swansea – their highest figure in a Premier League game this season – and scored four goals for the first time since March.
- The Reds have benefited from four own goals this term – the joint-highest figure in the top flight (along with Southampton).
- Victory at Hull on 28 December ended Leicester’s 13-match winless run (D2, L11).
- They have not won back-to-back away games in the top flight since November 2003.
- Leicester are winless in eight New Year’s Day top-flight matches, losing the last five, since beating Stoke 1-0 at home in 1966.
- Their only New Year’s Day top-flight away win was by 1-0 at Derby County in 1938.
- The Foxes made 95 Premier League blocks in the first half of the season – the second highest tally in the top flight (one behind Hull).